We are only hours away from Amazon introducing a new Kindle tablet to the public. Many Kindle fans have been hoping for Amazon to get in the tablet business. Kindle Fire won’t be an iPad killer. But it will come with its own Android UI and is expected to be a formidable challenger to NOOK Color. Here are the rumored specifications for Kindle Fire:
- 7 inch LCD display
- modified Android 2.1 version
- support for Amazon App Store
- support for Amazon’s other services (mp3, video-on-demand, …)
- similar design to BlackBerry PlayBook
- 6 GB internal memory
- WiFi support
- Kindle Fire 2 will debut in a short few months
- dual-core Texas Instruments OMAP chip
- to ship in early November
Multiple sources are reporting that Amazon does seem to be rushing Kindle Fire to the market. Let’s hope the device won’t disappoint badly.
Will you be picking up a Kindle Fire?
Image credit: TechCrunch