Reading the latest news when you are working is not always possible. That’s why many people prefer listening to their favorite podcast programs and music when they work to make their work days go by faster. These 5 iOS apps let you listen to the latest news at work and stay on top of things without having to check a web browser:
Umano: brings you the most interesting articles on topics that interest you. You get to:
- download articles to listen offline
- search & explore
- see what your friends are listening to
- make playlists of articles
Hourly News: plays the recent news updates from multiple sources, including NPR, ESPN, VOA, and … You get to:
- play the most recent news summaries
- play the news in the background
- control audio using remote control buttons
ListenApp: summarizes the most popular news into one minute audio and visual experience. Great for those of you running short on time.
Guide: if you can watch the news and do your work at the same time, this app is for you. It is a news reader app that turns online news and blogs into a TV experience on your iPad.
News Now: creates a playlist of the most recent NPR audio stories, so you can listen to them on your phone. You can:
- use this app with AirPlay
- use the playback buttons on lock screen to control the app
- jump to stories that interest you.
These apps help you keep up with the news and do your work at the same time. They are great to have when you are bored too. Which one are you impressed with the most?