Fire Phone is not our favorite smartphone, but Amazon is working to improve its software. Its latest update brings Quick Switch app multitasking and a whole host of other features. Here is a summary:
- Quick Switch: double-press on the home button to easily alternate running apps and tasks.
- App Grid collection: create folders of apps or content right on the app grid
- Carousel Pinning: lets you pin your favorite apps to the front of the home carousel
- Video sharing via MMS or e-mail
- Improved battery life
- E-mail from the home screen
You can download the software manually or wait for it to download automatically when you are connected wirelessly. Despite these improvements, recommending the Fire phone is a tough call at this point.