B&N has finally released more details about NOOK 3 (we wish it was named that). The Simple Touch Reader may have an awkward name but is a pleasant surprise by B&N. It is one of the most compact e-book readers around and weighs only 7.5 ounces. It comes with WiFi support and will only cost you $139. The best part? It has a battery that can last you up to 2 months.
Here is a summary of what The Simple Touch Reader is all about:
- 6” Touchscreen – Pearl E-ink display
- weighs 7.5 ounces
- 800MHz TI OMAP 3 processor
- 2G of storage
- Android 2.1 OS
- on-screen digital keyboard
- up to 2 months in battery life
- offers 80% smoother page turns
- support for My NOOK and NOOK Friends
The device will start shipping for free on June 10th.
Are you impressed?