Amazon has updated the Kindle Fire 2G, Kindle Fire HD 7, and Kindle Fire HD 9. The update should happen automatically but you do have the option to install it manually. The update not only fixes the bugs and improves performance but adds the following features:
- Language Support for Canadian English and Canadian French: You can now change your device language to Canadian English and Canadian French.
- Enable Battery Percentage in the Status Bar: You can now see the total amount of battery life remaining at the top of the screen when you enable this feature in the Device menu.
You should not have to install this update manually as long as your tablet is connected to the Internet. But here is where you can access the download page for your tablets:
- Kindle Fire 2nd Generation: Software Version 10.4.1
- Kindle Fire HD 7″: Software Version 7.4.1
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9″: Software Version 8.4.1
Keep in mind that if you have hacked your Kindle in the past, these updates might break it. That should go without saying for every Kindle HD update though.