The iPad has been around for a couple of years now. It is baffling that it has taken Audible this long to release an iPad-optimized application. But the improved Audiobooks from Audible is finally here. The app lets you transfer content to your device over WiFi. It supports multitasking, meaning that you can download and listen at the same time. You can earn badges and keep track of your listening habits.
Here are some other changes that Audiobooks 2.0 offers:
- Improved Navigation: easier to use while on the go
- Simplified start up: sign-in with your Amazon account
- New library filter: hide your finished titles from view
- Downloads on the go: download up to three hours of audio over 3G/4G
- Expanded compatibility: works with all iPad models
The app is available for download in iTunes for free.