Amazon is not the first company to release an Android e-book reader / tablet hybrid. Affordable Android tablets are expected to remain highly in-demand. Pandigital Supernova is another hybrid e-reader with a 8 inch screen and Android on-board. The device will have GetJar and Barnes & Noble’s Nook pre-installed.
Here are the specifications for Pandigital Supernova tablet:
- 8 inch LCD display
- single-core 1GHz A8 processor
- 4GB of storage
- Android Gingerbread
- HDMI, Integrated Bluetooth 2.1
- Apps: Barnes & Noble e-book store, GetJar app store, Facebook, YouTube, OfficeSuite Viewer
- Adobe™ Flash 10.3
- front and rear facing cameras
Pandigital Supernova is expected to make its debut in October. It will be priced $230. Unlike Kindle Fire, this tablet does have cameras to capture videos. Considering that Kindle is available for Android, there is no reason to believe this device won’t run the Kindle app. It probably won’t be a Kindle Fire killer though.
People who visited this article also visited:
- Amazon: eBooks Outsold Paper Books
- Flipboard for iOS Supports GIFs
- 15 Kindle Games Worth Checking Out
- R.I.P iRex?